Saturday, November 26, 2011

Paper Straw Christmas Wreath part one

I saw a picture of a Paper straw Christmas wreath on the newest issues of Womans Day.

 I was planning on coming home & making one, but decided to google it first. The lady over at Tatertots & Jello, apparently had the same idea. I figured that while I am creating mine, I would share hers with you. This way you can get a head start on yours. Here are the directions that she followed, I will be following up with mine soon!


Supplies
  • Dollar store Foam Wreath (is what I used)
  • Ribbon to wrap around the outside of the wreath
  • Striped Straws (I used about 75 straws – it will depend on how wide your wreath is)
  • Hot glue and glue gun
  • Ribbon for a Bow

Here’s what  she did:

  • 1. I wrapped the wreath with some wide ribbon, overlapping and hot glued the ends down.
  • 2. Then I trimmed half of the straws — 1/3 off the ends with scissors.
  • 3. I hot glued each straw on, alternating between the long and shorter straws. I held each straw parallel to the wreath so they laid flat and uniform.
  • 4. I tied a bow and hot glued it onto the wreath and added a little glittered snowflake.
  • 5. To hang up the wreath, I hot glued a little piece of twine on the back of the wreath, making a little loop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment