- One 6″ Terracotta pot or some other container
- One Styrofoam block (cut to fit inside the container)
- One 5″ Styrofoam ball
- One 18″ wooden dowel (mine was longer and I had my husband cut it down to this size)
- Two packs of greening pins. You really use about 1.5 packs but it’s better to have more and not need them than be short.
- 2 packs of small (around 2.25″) multi colored balloons (around 72 qty)
- 2 packs of larger (around 3″) multi colored balloons (around 72 qty)
- 1 pack of pipe cleaners cut in half
- 1 pack of shredded tissue paper
Next it’s time to add the balloons to the styrofoam ball. I tied one of the smaller balloons around the greening pin (yellow balloon) to help hide it. Behind the yellow balloon I placed one or two of the larger balloons. Push the greening pin into the ball. Do this over and over until the entire ball is covered in balloons.
11. To cover your styrofoam block add the shredded tissue on top of it and around the dowel.
12. Congratulations, you are done! These topiaries make great additions to any table because you can change them up by using different colored balloons to match a theme or holiday, paint the dowel and use interesting ribbons, or change up the containers. You can also just make the ball and hang them from a chandelier or the ceiling using coordinating ribbon. Have fun!