Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dinosaur Train Birthday

I don't have a little one anymore (he's TOO COOL now :( )BUT I know my son would of loved Dinosaur Train! The show is too cute & quickly is becoming a great party theme.

I was asked to make cupcake toppers for a party

Here is a link to a pdf. You can easily make party tags & cupcake toppers with them
They are really easy to make.
What you'll need:
  • 1.5" craft punch( round)
  • 2" craft punch (scalloped)
  • 4" lollipop sticks
  • hot glue gun
  • colored cardstock (Shown with lime, orange & teal)
  • printer
  • photopaper or cardstock( to print images on)

How you do it:
  • Print the image sheet(link above) on either cardstock or photopaper( I like photopaper)
  • Cut out images with a 1.5" craft punch
  • Cut out 2" scalloped circles out of colored cardstocks
  • Use your hot glue gun to adhere lollipop stick to the colored cardstock background
  • Then place your 1.5:" round image on the lollipop stick

Be sure to center the stick & the image. Lay flat to dry.

You can easily change this to tags, confetti, or decorations by mounting the images directly to the scalloped backgrounds. Use a 1/8" hole punch if you'd like to use them as tags :)

You can also get very reasonably priced Dinosaur train party supplies. There are plates, napkins, cups etc... Here are where I found the most reasonalble priced: Birthday in a Box


These Tree decorations are so creative! I can't wait to find a reason to make these. You can use these palm trees for a luau or any summer time party. I may have to add these to my Flip Flop Party :)


Here are the instructions that I found at Jenn Spends  Palm Tree decorations



I fashioned palm trees from green balloons, green poster board and brown streamers. Two adorned the entryway, and four surrounded our round table. I used green streamers to connect the “trees” in the dining room and create a canopy effect. Unfortunately my photography skills aren’t up to par with my decorating skills and don’t do the overall experience justice. It was a really fun space to be in.
I cut the poster board (purchased at a dollar store) into long triangular shapes. Depending on width, you can get between 3 to 5 sections from one sheet. I then used scissors to snip short slits along the edges to make the triangles look more like palm fronds. I overlapped the ends of each section and fastened together with masking tape. I then taped a green balloon to the underside, allowing the “branches” to droop down. The trees were taped to the ceiling with masking tape and brown streamers were fastened to the bottom of the balloon to create a trunk. If the branches are too droopy, you can use more tape to fasten them to the ceiling.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks , this will be perfect for my daughter who is dinosaur train crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have the file for the cupcake toppers? I've been trying to find something like this for my son's 4th birthday party but haven't been able to find them anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem as Ru. Could you upload again this file? Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete